Setting up an account is quick with an option to use a social media account.
The DNA process is painless, simple, and seamless.
Biggest negative is not being able to download your raw DNA. Cannot transfer the results to any other site or use with other tools.
No family trees
No DNA relative matching
There is no live support if you have questions about the process or results.
Terms and Conditions state your DNA can be used for research with the original permission.
Individuals can now tap into their ancestry with state-of-the-art technology that leading research institutions use. Tribecode.com is the brainchild of Centrillion Biosciences who partner with researchers at UCSF, Stanford, Columbia, and Harvard. They have had a direct impact on advancements in genomics since 2009. Clinical trials, re-establishing nutritional guidelines and more have benefited from their work. Consumers can now secure detailed lineage information in more than 100 areas other companies cannot match.
Ancestry testing with this product will provide a richer picture to who you are through next-generation DNA sequencing. Results come in multiple formats that are colorful, animated, and easy to read including a pie chart and line graph. A detailed narrative offers a clear break-down of the results. Any questions can be directed to the online information forum. A community called Tribecode has also been established for users to connect, network, and play games.
• Costs: $99.99
• Time to Receive Results: four to six weeks
• Location: Palo Alto, California, United States
TribeCode Tests Offered
Several tests are performed from a single sample. They are based on different areas of the ancestry testing process. Some tests are sensitive to health genomes that are not available from other providers. A minimum of 12 million genome markers are sequenced to isolate100 times more specific chromosomal details. Proprietary best practices are in place to prevent an information breach.
Registering takes less than five minutes. Once you create and verify your account, the entire My Ancestry tab is available. It has a sample profile as an example of what to expect with your own results.
• Ethnicity Composition: Two color-coded pie charts labeled confident and standard have multiple layers with the middle being the leading ethnicity. Outside layers have smaller areas with specific region information. To the left are various percentages that correspond with the data provided.
• Maternal Lineage: Mitochondria genomes are linked back to Mitochrondrial Eve who lived over 200,000 years ago. Your mother’s side of the family is decoded. A global migration map, Haplogroup tree, and maternal timeline are displayed with more color and animation.
• Paternal Lineage: A Y chromosome test looks at the data from over 530,000 years. Your father’s family information is decoded. A global migration map and Haplogroup tree also display this data.
• Experimental Tests: More details for East Asian and Ashkenazi Jewish descendants is available than ever before with a micro-chromosome evaluation. A melting pot timeline offers a view of migration and intermixed populations going back to 1300BCE.
Users will receive an unparalleled level of detailed information not found anywhere else at an affordable price. Results can be view online in the privacy of their home. The summary tab has a clutter-free dashboard with easy to understand narratives. A community of like-minded people can be tapped into for discussions about the outcome. Networking opportunities from members around the globe is a stand-out feature. Steps have been taken to keep information private.
• Order your kit online.
• Go online to register the kit identification code.
• Add a small amount of saliva to the plastic container, and mail it.
• Review online test results in the privacy of your home.
- TribeCode Review Tribecode.com